Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 03:19 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I get it, i'm going to say "to prevent the spread of Covid" and you are going to say "gotcha"!   Tongue  The masks I have to wear (I don't go into the actual OR rooms while patients are there) are just the standard white/blue cloth type masks you see everywhere.  We don't wear them in our office, only out in the open Hospital areas.

But what I meant about "no masks" was a mask mandate.  If someone feels, as you do, that masks are a good thing, then by all means wear a mask everywhere and social distance.  So I still believe open fully, no masks (unless you want to) and get back to normal life.

Those are procedure or surgical masks. If I’m infected with Covid, but don’t know it because I’m in the incubation period or I’m asymptomatic wearing a procedure mask might prevent me from infecting you.

So the mask you wear at work protects the patients from YOU. It doesn’t protect you from the patients. That’s why the people working with known or suspected Covid have totally different precautions than you. None of those precautions are to make us “feel good.” That’s a ridiculous comment and immediately identifies the person making that comment as someone who doesn’t have the first clue about infections disease controls such as standard precautions, droplet precautions, or aerosol precautions. It’s an immediate internal eye roll for me.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread