Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(09-16-2020, 04:34 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I'm in IT bro.  I don't care how a mask works.  They give me a mask and tell me I have to wear it when out and about.  I do that.  I put on a mask where required.  Other than that I forget Covid is even a thing.  We never stopped hanging out with our friends and their families.  Our kids never stopped hanging out with their friends.  Our whole little Village is the same way.  Covid, thankfully, has effected my family and my friends' families very little.

I stated my view and said I know it's unpopular.  Not sure what else to say.  Maybe we can revisit this a year from now when we will have a better understanding of the numbers and the virus.

You live in a place with low population density it seems, and that's pretty impactful.  I live on a dirt road in PA and I've been working from home for a little over 3 years, so I know zero people who have had covid and technically it doesn't even matter to me if the country every opens again.

With that being said, I realize that not everyone is in my position.  5 years ago I was living in Pittsburgh and worked in the operations department of a university and I wasn't married to a woman who has an essential job and makes a living wage so things would have been a 180 to the way they are now.  I do try to keep some perspective on things, though.

I suppose I could say that this country could stay locked down forever for all it matters because my office is in my basement and my job involves sifting through people's bankruptcies and medical debt.  I could even go further and say that it's tough luck for people who are having trouble paying the bills now because they should have gotten low paying jobs that serve the country like me instead of chasing their high salaries and their private industries.

But that would be a d-bag move and lack some actual perspective.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Nately120 - 09-16-2020, 06:52 PM