Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the John Ross Experiment near its end
(09-21-2020, 04:24 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) John Ross had 7 TDs in 2018 and he had 503 yards in 8 games last season which in full 16 game schedule is a 1000 yard received. So saying he hasn't produced is terribly incorrect.

2.) Anyone that thinks John Ross speed doesn't concerned D coordinators is flat out wrong.
It's amazing that Joe Burrow is 1-12 on Deep passes and has averaged a whopping 5.3 yards an attempte his first two games. It's like he is struggling to get in sync with his top deep targets? I wonder why that is?

John Ross was injured his rookie season, he actually played more with Jeff Driskle then Andy Dalton his second season and he scored 7 TDs, and last season he only played 8 games and he was on pace for 1000 yards. 

Ross was never going to be the main guy here. It's clearly AJ #1, Boyd #2, then maybe Ross as third probably 4th option on this team. Him not getting targets and not getting snap's isn't that a big surprise for me.

John Ross' stats through last weekend, 3 years plus 2 games this season.

Games played 26 out of 50 possible.
Receiving yards 733 or 28 yards per game played or 15 yards per game paid to play.
Targets 123 or about 5 per game played.
Catches 51 or 1.8 per game played.
Catch % of 41.5%.

He's had 3 seasons to learn how to play football in the NFL.

Another wr taken in the same draft as Ross now has 224 receptions on 329 targets (68%) for 3,012 yards and 19 TDs. We took the wrong WR.

Ross just ain't living up to being a WR in the NFL.

People seem to be concerned that if he goes elsewhere he might flourish. I say that if he were going to flourish he'd have done so by now. Pride alone would dictate that he'd at least put forth his best effort. Sadly, no one can say that he has.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is the John Ross Experiment near its end - BengalChris - 09-22-2020, 12:27 PM