Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(09-29-2020, 01:10 PM)GMDino Wrote: You've chose to ignore all the information contrary to you own "anecdotal experiences".

So all you are focused on is Portland and the fact that the rest of country sees the right as a greater threat will be glossed over by you because of that.  

Where did I ignore anything?  Your source cites a greater "lethal threat", i.e. more people will be killed by white supremacist violence than other forms of domestic terrorism.  This does not consider other violent or criminal activity, hence my pointing out the tens, if not hundreds, of felonies committed on a daily basis by rioters in Portland.  If anyone is turning a blind eye to someone here it would be you.  You're apparently desperate to deflect from this daily violence for unknown reasons.

(09-29-2020, 01:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Apparently to many activists, protestors, and celebrities: Black Lives don't matter in Chicago.

I think that's been the biggest issue many have with this movement.  Not the organization, that's a different story.  Why are you only incensed when a black person is killed by law enforcement.  The vast majority of black men are killed by other black men, but these deaths don't spark any outrage, certainly not on the level of the protests from this year.  This isn't to say that law enforcement shooting people that should not have been shot is not a problem, but you have to wonder why the vastly different level of outrage.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 09-29-2020, 01:36 PM