Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 10:55 AM)hollodero Wrote: I have to say, maybe in the beginning there was confusion and contradictory messages around the medical expert's, but that vanished pretty soon. Pretty much all of them, in the US and all around the world, agreed that wearing masks and social distancing are effective tools to slow the spread down. At that point, I can not quite excuse a president who mocks wearing masks, encourages protests against social distancing measures, holds potential super spreader events, recommends sham medications and demonstrably lies about the threat. He is on Woodward's tapes admitting he knows how dangerous it is and that he is deliberately playing it down. The hindsight "defense" (for lack of a better word) does not quite work for me in instances like these. He knew better all along.

I get it. I'm happy you don't feel the need to also glorify him.
I am only guessing, but maybe he also sees the complete hypocrisy in the media covering protests and at least on one occasion a huge muli-thousand, peaceful gathering (Wisconsin?) as a great, wonderful thing with no concern or even comment for masks or social distancing all while denouncing small businesses opening and his rallies.  

I am not saying he did the right thing, just that there is a VERY real double standard in the media when it comes to masks and social distancing.  Her in NY Cuomo flipped out on a citizen for calling him out for not wearing a mask or social distancing, but while on TV berating people for not wearing masks or social distancing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Mickeypoo - 10-02-2020, 11:48 AM