Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-02-2020, 09:41 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Does him being on an early testing treatment seem a little much for a no big deal case?  Maybe I'm over thinking it. 

If his symptoms are mild; yeah, probably. I’m not familiar with the medication because it isn’t on the market. But, from what I read the phase 1 trial involved less than 300 people. So there are a lot of unknowns with new medications. Monoclonal antibody treatments are becoming more common for various medical conditions, but as treatments for infectious diseases they haven’t lived up to their potential, yet.

If he isn’t sick enough to be admitted he isn’t sick enough for the remdesivir protocol. So access to a drug trial targeted towards patients not sick enough to get remdesivir is probably more of a function of his privilege as POTUS combined with his risk factors and the dearth of evidence hydroxychloroquine is safe and effective for Covid despite claims by his administration to the contrary. Plus with viral infections there just isn’t a silver bullet.

PS I just read Trump will be staying at Walter Reed for a few days. That raises my level of concern. Again, hopefully, it’s just out of an abundance of caution because if this goes bad it can go bad quickly.

Also, Kellyanne Conway announced she tested positive. There have been another 11 positive cases linked to the debate in Cleveland. Jesus, there’s just going to be more on the way. And the greater the number of people who get infected, the greater the chance for a tragic outcome.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-03-2020, 12:03 AM