Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
President and First Lady test POSITIVE!
(10-05-2020, 01:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe I'm making excuses because I'm trying to deal with the feeling that I'm far less upset about this than a decent person should be.

I don't think I'm a hopelessly bad person, so what do I need to consider in order to feel more empathy for Trump? I'm not being a smartass, I'm asking because you seem pretty self-actualized about stuff like this.

My concern over this is more about the POTUD having COVID, not Trump. The implications for the country and the instability that could ensue are more what my concern is about. I don't think there is any need to consider yourself a bad person for a lack of empathy for Trump in this moment, especially because there is a difference between apathy and glee. I have had people tell me they are glad he has it and they hope it is more serious for him.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: President and First Lady test POSITIVE! - Belsnickel - 10-05-2020, 01:45 PM