Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THREE Months Until A Vaccine?!
(10-06-2020, 08:21 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I was watching a scientist explain how this won't be as much of an issue as it normally would. Typically, companies wait to set up production until after trials are completed. However, most of these companies are setting up production as trials are occurring, meaning that once they have the green light from the feds they will have or will be close to having the infrastructure to pump it out. This guy works in the field and does some great explainers on things surrounding COVID.

And that's good to hear.  My brother used to be a machinist for a pharma company.  He would meet with drug makers, on site, and create pills etc per the right proportion of the drug asked for.  When Gilead's name popped up as one of the companies in this, I questioned him about production.  His response was that the Gilead drug more than likely was being produced in a 'sterile' factory which was a more complicated type set up than just the norm.  His company, which is a fairly big one, wouldn't produce it.  I guess there is some technical and variables to manufacture things.  Overall I've heard the same though.  That these companies have worked ahead of the curve on this  Even if their phase 3 drug fails, they would have sunk money into production regardless, even if there is a loss involved.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
THREE Months Until A Vaccine?! - BFritz21 - 10-05-2020, 10:16 PM
RE: THREE Months Until A Vaccine?! - Goalpost - 10-06-2020, 08:53 AM