Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tee Higgins is Going to Be Amazing
During the draft process, I was very bullish on Tee. Almost to a fault. He was my #1 want at 33 and, honestly, I didn't even expect him to make it there. I thought we were going to be given the choice of like Aiyuk, Reagor and Shenault (among a few others like Mims, who I didn't like that much).

With Tee, I just saw AJ Green. I even made an entire thread about how similar they are, in measurables, athletic test numbers, production, personality and playstyle.

I have been extremely excited and encouraged to see him develop in the last few games and I think his first 100 yard game is right around the corner. He had 62 yards of Burrow's 183 against Baltimore, so he's definitely getting plenty of looks.

There have been a few bad moments, like when he stepped out of bounds and came back in and claimed to be open (I'm not sure if this was a situation where you can do that in college but not the NFL or what, but he essentially wasted a down by trying to get away with one there) and, if I recall correctly, he had one really bad drop where the ball literally bounced off his face. But overall, I'm really happy with his performance so far this year.

If you extend his stats over a 16 game season, he'd be looking at 51 receptions, 684 yards, 6 touchdowns, 41 first downs and 10 gains of 20+ yards. And that implies he doesn't improve at all during the season ,which he already is, and he didn't play much in the season opener.

I'm looking forward to Burrow and Higgins being our next great QB - WR tandem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tee Higgins is Going to Be Amazing - CJD - 10-13-2020, 10:35 AM