Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-13-2020, 11:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Under the rules nothing was done wrong.

The "nuclear option" was a rule change though. It's somewhat a given that you can stick to the rules if one of those rules is that you can change the rules... maybe I'm seeing that wrong though.

(10-13-2020, 11:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd stress that's by the letter of the rule, not the spirit and yes I thought it was shady.  However, any change to the number of SCOTUS justices would be a far cry beyond that.

I don't see it that way, but that's a matter of opinion. I'd call it a far cry if this was done to create an inbalanced court. In this case, it would create a more balanced court. That still would tilt republican 6-5, actually.
If I were a Dem strategist, I'd not be fine with the alternative of doing nothing. The Democratic party appears weak to many, just letting this go would imho somehwat underline that perception. At some point fighting back seems appropriate to me. Admittedly, I do not think it's a big deal to have 11 judges instead of 9, both are arbitrary numbers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - hollodero - 10-14-2020, 11:10 AM