Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Senate instead of the Court
(10-14-2020, 03:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I caught tidbits of the McConnell/Magrath debate here in KY and something about the "too big" struck me.

McConnell says he's good for KY because he gives us a louder voice at the table (paraphrasing) and he's one of the very, very few leaders in DC that are not from Cali or NY.
I know most in here (to include at least 1 KY citizen) hates McConnell, but it did make me say hhhmmmm...

One of the few (I think it only happened twice) times management told me to write stories favoring a candidate was for McConnell and it was for that reason. I get the logic, but the results haven't shown that him having more power has done much for rural areas. If anything, he harmed them by some of his stances (cdbg's, lopsided trade deals, transitioning areas from shrinking employment to new technology, etc). 

His voice may be louder, but his ideas are smaller. Using the last election as an example, it was all 'the war on coal'. He claims to have won it, but admits those jobs aren't coming back. He hasn't done much to transition those Kentucky counties effected but touts saving their jobs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Senate instead of the Court - Benton - 10-14-2020, 03:56 PM