Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Senate instead of the Court
(10-14-2020, 03:56 PM)Benton Wrote: One of the few (I think it only happened twice) times management told me to write stories favoring a candidate was for McConnell and it was for that reason. I get the logic, but the results haven't shown that him having more power has done much for rural areas. If anything, he harmed them by some of his stances (cdbg's, lopsided trade deals, transitioning areas from shrinking employment to new technology, etc). 

His voice may be louder, but his ideas are smaller. Using the last election as an example, it was all 'the war on coal'. He claims to have won it, but admits those jobs aren't coming back. He hasn't done much to transition those Kentucky counties effected but touts saving their jobs.

Of course you were the 1 KY citizen to which I was referring as we've had our Mitch debates in the past.

But it's things like this that have me supporting Mitch when i really don't care if trump wins:

https://www.wlky.com/article/fort-knox-selected-for-new-army-headquarters/30879979

Quote:After an effort from some of Kentucky's top lawmakers, Fort Knox has been selected to be the Army's next headquarters.

Sens. Mitch McConnell and Rand Paul, along with U.S. Rep. Brett Guthrie, recently sent a letter to the Army's top brass.

In it, they argued Fort Knox already has the capacity to handle the Army's needs.

It looks like the Department of the Army agreed.

According to the Army, Fort Knox will be the fourth corps headquarters location activated and will be called Fifth Corps (V Corps). This new corps headquarters location will bring approximately 635 additional soldiers to Kentucky.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Senate instead of the Court - bfine32 - 10-14-2020, 04:08 PM