Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stack the Senate instead of the Court
(10-14-2020, 03:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yes, I support the Constitution of the United States (I've sworn an oath to defend it multiple times) and don't want to change the rules just because things didn't go my way.  The fact that you think that is representative of impropriety says a lot about you and nothing about me.

It seems the only argument you have is that I want to change the rules to help "my side".  I have already proven that is not true because my proposed rule changes would work the same for both sides, and history proves that the majority is constantly shifting back and forth.

The fact is I am arguing AGAINST minority rule in a democracy.  So what I have on my side is that in a democracy a minority should not be able to rule over a majority. 

The ONLY thing you have on your side is that the current system helps your side.  You can't argue that we have never changed our system before and you can't argue that it is working properly now. You value the power of your party over the theory of democracy.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stack the Senate instead of the Court - fredtoast - 10-14-2020, 04:56 PM