Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden On Transgender In His Town Hall...........
(10-15-2020, 10:53 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Brad, I think this is a good question.

Sex is biological. Gender is a social construct, so you identify with a gender that is not associated with your sex. That said, there is a biological basis to being trans, but it has to do with brain chemistry/structure rather than your genitals. 

Biden's phrasing is not the "PC" way of saying it (you'd say "transition'), but I don't think anyone doubts his credentials as an ally, especially after his comments about trans women of color being murdered, something many people do not comment on. 

If Trump had said that, it would be all over the news and internet and there would be an uproar.  See the hypocrisy?  

I was impressed with his knowledge (even if he did understate it because he admitted that he thought it was higher) of the number of trans women that have been murdered.  

I think Biden won back a lot of voters tonight.

I'm not sure that I believe the polls that say he's ahead of Trump, but I think tonight will do A LOT for him.  For the first time, I'd be worried if I were Trump.

Like I said, the debate next Thursday just got A LOT more interesting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden On Transgender In His Town Hall........... - BFritz21 - 10-15-2020, 11:20 PM