Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(10-16-2020, 01:56 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: (Hopefully) only a few more months until a vaccine.  I just saw today where one or two trials were suspended because of side effects.

I figured that it had to be inevitable to happen before Christmas (I would more than likely be able to get it, even if it weren't available to everyone because I'm high risk, but now I'm seeing predictions that one possibly won't be ready until the summer or even late 2021.  I do wonder how much of it is politically motivated since it seems to have taken such a turn.  

I am being safe, like I mentioned, by only going to the gym (and doing it in the morning at 7 a.m. before it gets crowded), to restaurants that are in rolling distance where I can eat outdoors, and then out on the corner to wave, but I'm still freaked because some people stop by to chat and don't respect personal space.  Take Wednesday, for example: this guy brought his five or six kids (a few were step-kids) by to meet me and he put on a mask, but, before they left, he hugged me and it just freaked me the hell out.  We both had masks on and being outdoors make it unlikely, but he still should know better in the middle of a pandemic.  

A friend of mine did open a restaurant in Covington, which is directly across the river from Cincinnati in Kentucky, and another friend took me to brunch with his new girlfriend to help seal the deal ( Hilarious), but we ate outside and rolled down in my crippled van (so I'm not sitting by either one, and I wore a mask anyways), and then I told my cousin I might go down to her son's football game in a few weeks, but, other than that, I'm never near anyone that could give it to me (unless my brother-in-law or sister get it and then come over my place, which is unlikely because my b-i-l works from home and sister is 8 months pregnant, so she doesn't leave).  

A lot of people do that sort of thing, even if I'm indoors (which I rarely am, but sometimes at the gym or if I roll in a place to get food because some places don't have online ordering or anything).  

Let's just hope a vaccine does get developed and life can feel a little normal again.

Did politics affect Regeneron developing their experimental monoclonal antibody cocktail Trump received via a compassionate use waiver? No.

Do you actually believe for one second a major pharmaceutical company would delay production of a life saving vaccine and risk losing billions of dollars to a competitor over politics?

Do you think researchers developing a life saving vaccine would risk lives by delaying a vaccines development over politics?

Again, stop believing Trump’s bullshit lies.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 10-16-2020, 08:24 AM