Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 years of Marvin Drafting LBs
(10-27-2015, 10:30 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I agree there is talent out there, but lets not pretend that these guys were known of ahead of time. Only a few of them were highly touted going into the draft. I think I worded my original post incorrectly. There is obviously 4-3 talent out there due to the fact that there are many 4-3 schemes in the NFL, there just aren't many spot on 100% draftable LB's often.

I'm too lazy to look up the rounds that the players you mentioned were drafted but I think many of them were 3rd round or later.

Keuchly was a sure deal and same with Anthony Barr and a few others, but most of the guys you mentioned were found in later rounds

You could list plenty of WR's who were drafted that worked out great, but I'm talking about guys of AJ Green caliber. Guys that YOU KNOW are going to be studs in the NFL. There aren't many LBs like that from 4-3 schemes in the draft. Even if there were, we would never have a high enough draft pick to get them.

meh starting to confuse even myself now, hopefully you know why im trying to say.

I know what you're trying to say, but out of the 18 LBs I listed (not counting Kuechley or Burfict) 12 of them were drafted in the 1st-3rd rounds. If you're drafted in the third round, you're 100% draftable. If you want to cut out the third round (not sure why, because the third round is still a prime target zone and is still Day 2 of the draft) you'd still have 9 of the 18 drafted in the 1st or 2nd rounds.

If you're talking 100% known, you're not going to have many of those. Why? Because they don't exist very often. That's why AJ Green was such a big deal. If you're looking for AJ Green type draft prospects for ANY position who follow through with their hype, you'll find a lack of them. Trent Richardson was a "100% known" and is now out of the league. People who are touted as can't miss and actually are can't miss don't happen often.

- - - - -

(10-27-2015, 11:02 PM)Bryan Wrote: Don't the Raiders run a 4-3? Khalil Mack is a stud. He was picked before Barr

Mack is considered a DE now, which is why I didn't list him.
http://www.nfl.com/player/khalilmack/2543463/profile

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 13 years of Marvin Drafting LBs - TheLeonardLeap - 10-27-2015, 11:41 PM