Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 years of Marvin Drafting LBs
(10-27-2015, 07:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: But haven't we been pretty good at picking up guys off waivers or in supplemental drafts or undrafted FAs?

Burfict wasn't drafted, right? He was an undrafted FA, right? And don't forget Ahmad Brooks. He was a supplemental draft guy, right?

Not that this really changes your point, but it seems that as long as we didn't draft them between the 3rd and 7th rounds, we're pretty good at getting LBs. Smirk

I agree....and also we have had other needs in the draft....Right off the bat Palmer was drafted because Akili Smith stunk big time....and then Dalton needed drafted....Gresham and AJ Green and Eifert were needed to catch and other receivers were drafted...for blocking Jones and Smith and Zietler were drafted...RBs were drafted such as Irons who got injured early. Luckily Benson who had been a top pick at Chicago saved the day until Gio and Hill were drafted....Bengals have drafted DB's a lot in Joseph, Hall, Kirkpatrick, Dennard.......and the D Line was made awesome by drafting Atkins and Dunlap.....So there have been other areas of need and it is hard to complain about how this team was built when many coaches say  we have more talent than most teams in the NFL and have had 4 straight play-off seasons and at 6-0 are heading back, this time to win. 

I have seen drafts that the Bengals probably did want a LB, but the top LBs were picked right before our pick. This is why Harrison or Hawk were brought in, Hawk fitting our 4-3 better than Harrison who is more of a D Lineman than a LB. . ....I hope we win the Super Bowl and draft 32nd, but that means the top LB's will be gone again. Maybe we can get a good one in round 2.  We should have been set with Pollack and Thurman, but even that was 10 years and 10 drafts ago. ...but, good LB's were picked up here and there over the years. I have been wanting a top LB in the last few drafts, but they were going fast before we picked, so Bengals took Best Available Athlete at other positions  Still, the Bengals have more good young talent than most teams in the NFL.  The team is 6-0 and is keeping the scores down, so our LB's must be doing something right. 

Over the years there has been Marvin bashing, but at 6-0 on the season, this may be the time to give the coaches and players some respect and credit. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 13 years of Marvin Drafting LBs - kevin - 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM