Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-20-2020, 01:03 AM)Dill Wrote: I know of the caliber and US Army model Springfields because I used to live below Custer Battlefield. Slugs and casings still turn up around there. Plus my cousin has a cavalry model 1873 Springfield, though I have never fired it.  

I didn't know people were still using 45-70s for anything, or that Marlin had a lever action. That thing must buck a little when fired. Guessing the cartridge is centerfire too. The originals were rimfire.

It's most certainly centerfire.  The cartridge never really went away, but it's had a bit of a resurgence for the reasons above.  It certainly has some recoil, but I have several big bore rifles so I'm a bit used to it.  It's certainly not what I'd introduce people to shooting with.  Marlin used to be the gold standard of lever action rifles, but the quality control took a steep drop once they were bought out by Remington.  The post buy out guns are referred to as Remlins and are not nearly as desirable.  I have a post buyout model, but the Grizzly Customs guy, who is awesome btw, eliminates literally all of the defects of the newer guns in his customization.  If you care to read it, the linked article is not only about the same gun, but it's actually the gun I own.  The Grizzly Customs guy asked if he could loan it out for this review prior to delivery and threw in some extras for the wait.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/grizzly-customs-1895-outback-guide-gun-in-45-70-government/

Quote:I've got a lever-action Winchester 38-40, but it's not good for much. Not hunting deer anyway. (But its a family heirloom.)

Nice.  I have an old 30-30 that I've actually never fired and probably never will.  It belonged to my grandfather.  It's in my dad's safe so I'm honestly not even sure of the make and model.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-20-2020, 01:18 AM