Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-20-2020, 09:16 PM)Dill Wrote: Yeah, 30-30 is great for deer. 38-40 is basically a pistol cartridge. Not much range or shock power. Holds 12 rounds though.  This is what my model 1892 looks like (though the butt-plate on mine is missing). Saddle ring on the other side. Back sight flips up for those long shots lol. 

[Image: 11015921_1.jpg?v=8CE2D77E2F12030]

Yeah, I haven't fired mine since I was 16. But it is an heirloom, and I am deciding now which of my nephews it will go to when I'm gone.

Beautiful firearm.  I'm in the same boat.  I don't have kids and never wanted them, but my nephews are only 7 and 9 so I have no idea which one of the, if either, will be into guns.

Quote:Surprised you haven't at least tried that old 30-30. Stuff of legends. You want to save that gun.

I don't think it's been fired in decades.  I gave it a nice cleaning (not a vigorous one, you'd be surprised how much wear some people put on their firearms by over cleaning) but I've never considered firing it.

Quote:By the way I enjoyed the article about your Marlin. Were those your review comments?  Beautiful gun. Looks like it would work for Grizzly hunting (if that were legal!). Also looks very "comfortable," easy to carry and use. 

The article was written by a contributor to that site, the comments are just random users.  I'm glad that Lew threw in some extras because the reviewer had my gun about a month and half longer than he was supposed to.  The guy's business really took off not long after, he's charging around 3.5k for the same set up now.

Quote:Er, sorry for carrying the thread off topic.  SSF's 45-70 would be an excellent choice for anyone wanting to make a point about court stacking.

Eh, no one else has carried on with the thread topic, this was a soft derailment.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-20-2020, 09:35 PM