Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
If Trump loses...potential "purge"?
(10-21-2020, 09:49 AM)PhilHos Wrote: People believing Trump's complaints of a rigged election and taking it upon themselves to be violent as a result is NOT the same thing as Trump telling people to go out and commit crimes because he'll pardon them. Again, Trump has done NOTHING to suggest that he'll tell people to commit crimes because he'll pardon them. Nothing. 

He did not say that, I agree with that. I don't know if he would ever say that, I just argue it's not an absurd possibility. There are several incidents I see as suggestion it would not be beyond him. Starting with those "if I lose, the election was rigged" and "millions of fraudulent votes were and are counted" comments (which, even when applying your take on that, is playing with fire and grossly irresponsible at best); but also including him offering to pay the legal fees of supporters that "knock the crap out of" protesters; or him actually suggesting he might pardon immigration workers that break the law on behalf of his goals. There's also the instance of him pardoning political friends like Stone or Arpaio. And of course Trump refusing to guarantee a peaceful transfer of power.

Now sure, one can see all these instances as irrelevant; I'm perfectly fine with your not seeing it that way. What imho takes it too far is claiming there is NOTHING that would ever suggest Trump would be capable of such a move. I think he might be, based on these examples and more. That's not irrational hatred.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Trump loses...potential "purge"? - hollodero - 10-21-2020, 10:01 AM