Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
At least the Bengals have an identity unlike whatever Washington is calling itself today.

The county will never be in a stronger negotiating position. COVID has butchered county finances and no relief in sight. They can’t pay more, quite the contrary.

The Bengals can’t move to greener pastures, there are no cities with deep pockets wanting the Bengals. COVID has destroyed more than lung tissue, cities have unsolvable budget problems thanks to COVID. Subsidies to move a football team aren’t possible.

What about “the fans”? COVID and poor play has wiped them out. Far fewer fans today than when that deal was done.

The county can lose money with the Bengals playing or with them at loggerheads fighting over a new deal. If I’m the county I am determined to do a deal on my terms, worst case is I have a unused stadium on valuable land I’m not paying much to maintain it. Best case is the county makes money off the Bengals. That’s the deal I go for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - bengals1969 - 10-22-2020, 06:09 AM