Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal)
(10-22-2020, 04:59 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What I find funny about anyone who wants to credit Taylor with Burrow's "success" is that they unevenly apply credit.

Jared Goff has a great year.  Zac Taylor gets all the credit.

Joe Burrow has a great rookie year.  Dan Pitcher gets no credit. (It goes to the head coach in this situation.)

If we're being fair, either Sean McVay gets all the credit for Jared Goff, and Zac Taylor gets little to none.  Or, Zac Taylor gets all the credit for Jared Goff, and Dan Pitcher gets all the credit for Joe Burrow.

Of course, all of this is really moot.  As Zac Taylor is a head coach, and therefore it is his responsbility to build team success.  Whether Joe Burrow looks good or not, his value as a coach should be determined by the play of the team.

What I find funny is that anyone who wants to discredit Taylor is that they unevenly apply credit.

Goff's success is all on McVay but Burrow's success is all on Burrow/Pitcher.

(10-22-2020, 05:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just to be clear I am not just trashing Burrow.

I expect him to get much better.  He just has not looked that great yet.

He looks great for a rookie though, right?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reason Why the Bengals Might Not be Patient (Stadium Deal) - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 10-23-2020, 08:08 AM