Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here?
(10-27-2020, 01:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I believe it's really simple. The only option is to trade Dunlap at this point, otherwise the team gets nothing at all.

Unfortunately, the team is known of its stubborness and unrealistic trade demands, not to mention that they move very slowly on trades because there has to be a committee meeting to decide anything and someone is bound to bring up some reason or other to throw the committee into an indecision.

I do believe a trade will occur. Unfortunately, I don't believe the front office is capable of discussing more than one trade at a time and they have Ross and AJ to deal away also, possibly even Willie Jackson as well.

This much committee action could send them all into brain lock.

Didn't the Jags trade a very unhappy Jalen Ramsey? I know Dunlap is not Ramsey, but if they keep him on roster or suspend him without pay), the likely he brings a 3rd or 4th round comp pick as someone will pay him and sign him.

Bigger point is an attorney or 2 or 3 of the Bengals is looking at the contract right now. Can they suspend him without pay an dthen win in court? At same time, they are trying to trade him. Again, some needy playoff teams would love Dunlap for 2020 and 2021 in my opinion.

Other option is cut him and then team that signs him (he could talk to all 31 teams to get best deal for him), any contract he gets from them in 2020 offsets the Bengals contract leaving Bengals on the hook for only the difference.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - Luvnit2 - 10-27-2020, 03:51 PM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - J24 - 10-28-2020, 12:37 AM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - CJD - 10-27-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: How is Carlos Dunlap Still Here? - J24 - 10-27-2020, 03:40 PM