Poll: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
Yes
No
Something about Abraham Lincoln
All of Trump's judicial nominations are white!
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court?
(10-27-2020, 05:00 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Allow me to rephrase, changing the law is permissible under the law.  However, the action being proposed cannot be undertaken under the law as it exists now.  It wouldn't be against the law to change the law to say only landed white males can vote, but it damn well would be a tyrannical act.  Changing the law is obviously possible, but the fact that you have to do that to take a proposed action should really give a person pause.  I stand by my assertions as to why that is the case.

I think my issue with your phrasing was with the whole "outside the framework" bit because the Constitution is the framework, so if it is a constitutional action, I don't see it as being outside of the framework of the rules. Your example about landed white males, though, would be unconstitutional, so it would be outside the framework.

Throughout the history of this country, the government has had to change their rules to give themselves more power. I don't see this as much more egregious than any other time, to be honest about it. I just know not everyone else will see it the same.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are you in favor of stacking the Supreme Court? - Belsnickel - 10-27-2020, 05:18 PM