Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 12:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: 80% of whites are killed by whites.  And using your numbers around 50% are committed by whites.

White people live in the inner city too.

Wanna have a real conversation about violence and killing?  I'm all for it.  But there is no "debate" if one side is blaming "one race".

Again, he can claim to mean whatever he likes.  Twice he did this.  Twice I commented on it.

This time folks think I went too far...so be it.

I'll stand by my words if others will not stand by theirs.

As edited in before: This 80% number was not disputed. But around 50% of homicides are committed by a 14% minority, and these numbers should go undisputed as well. That's the issue. Which of course means that whites are far less likely to fall victim to homicide, and also far less likely to commit homicide. That's just the naked truth and no one should be called a racist for referring to that truth.

And the issue is NOT that black people are inherently more akin to killing. Imho, it is to large parts an issue of lacking opportunities to escape a dire life situation that contains much crime and violence, due to much desperation and hopelessness. I for one see it as mainly an economic issue, and it's a racial issue for one race is particularly affected by this most likely systemic lack of perspective and opportunity. But that does not mean that the numbers go away, or that the statement about intraracial homicides amongst black people has to be treated as a non-issue that should not be brought up. Such taboos that get defended with the racist war hammer don't help.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - hollodero - 10-29-2020, 12:25 PM