Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: White guys who always bring up the high crime rate among minorities never mention that 90% of murders in the United Sates are committed by men yet they make up less than half of the population.

So gender is a much stronger indicator of violent criminal behavior than race.  Yet none of these guys ever say that we are all justified in treating men as potential violent criminals

But no one (here) said we are justified to treat all black people as potential violent criminals either.

Also, I find it absolutely worthwhile to discuss male violent behaviour as well. It's just a slightly different topic with different causes.

(10-29-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If special steps need to be taken to address the high crime rate among certain races then what steps should be taken to address the high crime rate among certain genders?

For me, I'd say both things can and probably should be addressed honestly. Eg. it imho would be totally justified to discuss and possibly try to correct certain masculine cultures/patterns/belief systems that might contribute to this 90% number. That could start in schools, in the media, in communities, wherever.
What imho would be the wrong approach is to accuse you of sexism for bringing up that 90% number. Which, imho, is quite akin to what's happening regarding bringing up black homicide rates.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - hollodero - 10-29-2020, 01:41 PM