Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 01:43 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Maybe genetics, evolution or evolution based on geographical location is involved with the black violence and murder problem.  Blacks tend to be dominant in physical type activities and their builds also tend to be stronger and more muscularly defined.  Do those traits also lend to a more violent disposition?  I don't know.  

(10-29-2020, 02:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't think a race-specific physique plays any significant part in that. I feel you're taking a wrong turn here.

I'd wager it's for the most part the dire life situations an ubersignificant amount of black people face, quite often due to systemic disadvantage.

I missed that bit. Please, don't do the whole genetics and race thing. There is more genetic variation between people of the same race than there is between people of different races. Race is not rooted in genetics so trying to connect traits that are being tied to race to genetics as well is extremely problematic. I'm not accusing anyone of anything because this is something that most people honestly just don't know, but going down that route is what was used to justify early-twentieth century eugenics and white supremacist theories.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Belsnickel - 10-29-2020, 02:27 PM