Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good info into the Dunlap saga
I suspect that with the many, many needs on the roster this past offseason, the FO didn't see any viable way to replace their best pass rusher. The top end of the draft was going to Burrow and some sort of compliment to him, ie o-line or WR. Good prime-age DEs are among the most expensive of position players in free agency. Carlos was the default option.

I'm not overly impressed with Dunlap's'behavior over the last few weeks, but I still fault Anarumo and the staff. Anarumo is the definition of a never-will-be in this league. He's been a position coach on a bunch of shitty defenses, and he got this job because he happened to be the eleventh (eleventh. let that sink in) option on the team's list during a thoroughly humiliating DC search in 2019. His performance has been commensurate with his bottom-of-the-barrel hiring.

Front offices build rosters, but coaches must take what the FO gives them and get the most out of it. It's all ego garbage, and IMO it's on Lou's behalf, not Carlos. It's a major reason that coaches fail in this league. They are so arrogant about their precious "system" and an imperative to adhere to it, that they fail to utilize the talents of players they have that can be productive with tweaks. Sitting a player that has been productive as recently as late last season because he doesn't fit your system is moronic, particularly when you have very little else in terms of pass-rush talent on your roster.

I look at it like this: My boss spends money on a new operating system at work that they have used in the past and think highly of. I think it's dumb and don't like that it changes my routine. I then proceed to sabotage with intent, then blame the new system for my failures and demand that they get rid of it.

Lou is garbage. He needs to be run out of town at the bye.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - JSR18 - 10-29-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - samhain - 10-29-2020, 02:56 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - J24 - 10-30-2020, 12:13 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - jj22 - 10-29-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - jj22 - 10-29-2020, 05:41 PM