Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
More "largely peaceful" Portland protests
(10-29-2020, 01:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: White guys who always bring up the high crime rate among minorities never mention that 90% of murders in the United Sates are committed by men yet they make up less than half of the population.

So gender is a much stronger indicator of violent criminal behavior than race.  Yet none of these guys ever say that we are all justified in treating men as potential violent criminals or that police should naturally profile people based on their gender.

If special steps need to be taken to address the high crime rate among certain races then what steps should be taken to address the high crime rate among certain genders?

I don't disagree that men disproportionately commit violent crime.  I do find your position interesting considering you've stated the exact same facts in the past as I did in this thread.  Also, it is extremely disingenuous to even insinuate that I stated that the reason for the criminal conduct was a person's ethnicity.  I do not, nor have I ever, think that a person's ethnicity made them more or less prone to criminal conduct.  Consequently we must look into other factors to explain the disproportionate criminal activity in the black community.  But to find out the root causes requires actually acknowledging the problem and starting to delve into it.

Also, no one said that specific steps needed to be taken to address this, so kindly stop misstating the positions of others.  I would certainly hope it's not deliberate
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: More "largely peaceful" Portland protests - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 10-29-2020, 02:57 PM