Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good info into the Dunlap saga
(10-29-2020, 03:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: There's a lot of truth here, but if there's no alignment with how you plan to build your roster with your coaches, your coaches give/take that plan to/from your players, you're simply never going to succeed. There has to be constant, clear and concise communication from the top down. 

This is fair.  A lot of the problem is Dunlap getting his 3rd contract right before the season that the team finally decided to part ways with Marvin.  That left a sizable investment in a player that the new staff apparently didn't want for multiple seasons.  That's not a great scenario when you're in need of a rebuild.  

If I fault the FO here it's for 2 things.  The first would be failing to pull the trigger on a rebuild in full and purging all of the high dollar Marvin-era FAs when the Taylor staff came on board.  We had the record of a tanking team last year, whether that was actually the goal or not.  Might as well have dumped the contracts.  The continual effort to rekindle 2015 was disastrous here, and those 3rd deals for the 2 DL are the last gasp of that mindset.

The second would be hiring a DC that had a philosophy that had little to no use for your two highest paid players on defense.  Completely stupid if you have no intent on releasing said players.  If you have 25 mil a year tied up in 2 guys, you'd damn well better hire a DC that know how to/even wants to attempt to try to make use of them.  Anarumo is a criminal hire in that respect.  No only is he outclassed in his position, he's not even a fit for the personnel you've invested in.

In the end, the blame can go many ways.  All I can say is that I'm glad it's over, but I'm not going to crap on one of this franchise's best players over the last decade because he made Lou freaking Anarumo mad.  I feel pretty safe in predicting that in the end, we'll all remember Carlos Dunlap's time as a Bengal much more fondly than Lou's.  Lou sucks and should never have been here to begin with.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 04:48 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - JSR18 - 10-29-2020, 02:42 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - samhain - 10-29-2020, 04:01 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - Tony - 10-29-2020, 04:50 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - J24 - 10-30-2020, 12:13 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - jj22 - 10-29-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Good info into the Dunlap saga - jj22 - 10-29-2020, 05:41 PM