Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 OL Starters Out - Blessing in Disguise?
(11-01-2020, 12:50 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Well Price doesn’t have a starting spot and we just landed a backup C in our Dunlap trade. Billy knows this is a big chance for him to put it on tape. I hope he does well and we end up getting some decent compensation and trade him before Tuesday.

If Fred and Hakeem do well they need to be given a legit chance to unseat Hart. If we have a clean pocket all game Jonah should no longer be guaranteed the LT job.

I hope they both do well, but I don't think I'd let either one of them Wally Pipp Jonah just yet.  We have over 2 years of tape on Bobby Hart.  the best we get from him is that he's sometimes not awful or that he often has the best rating on a line of mostly dreadful starters.  

Jonah has played about 7 games in the league.  He's had his rough spots, but I hardly think he's bad enough for us to be looking for his replacement just yet.  He's no Fisher or Ogbuehi, that's for sure.  I'm not saying he's going to be Johnathan Ogden reborn, but I think he's played well enough to get his job back.  He needs to be a productive part of this team's future.

Hakeem or Fred would have to be pretty damn impressive to displace a guy that the team has invested a first round pick in after just 7 games.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 3 OL Starters Out - Blessing in Disguise? - samhain - 11-01-2020, 02:21 AM