Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Let's talk about income inequality
(06-01-2015, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It doesn't matter if you "buy it" or not.  the fact is that there are not enough well paying jobs for everyone to have one.  

Yes it does matter, because it is my opinion that there are enough jobs, and that many people are unwilling to take them because they believe they are above that kind of work, or that the job doesn't pay enough. The job may be low paying, but it can also lead to other better paying jobs.

(06-01-2015, 11:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: But you can only become a shareholder if you have a job that provides disposible income above what is needed to live.

When I started out I worked 2 jobs...selling cars and delivering pizzas to make ends meet. Neither job required more than a high school diploma. But both jobs allowed for harder work to earn more income. Cars offered commission pay, and pizza delivery offered tips. And I know plenty of car salespeople who make enough to support a family. A part of it also reuqires you to live within your means. It can be done for those willing to go after it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk about income inequality - Beaker - 06-01-2015, 01:51 PM