Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
(11-07-2020, 08:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think it'll be anywhere as turbulent as the last 4 years. The GOP and their voters realize that Biden won POTUS, but it looks like they kept control of the Senate (fu Georgia) and picked up a few seats in the house.

I think they also realize that in 2024 the Dems will have to run on something other than the current POTUS is a hateful bigot who caused 200,000 Americans to die. And they'll most likely have to do that with Willie Brown's ex side piece.

The number of pro-Trump folks on my social media feeds that contradict this is insane. I hope you're right, but there are a lot of folks out there that have bought into the rhetoric.

I told my wife while she was celebrating and asking me why I wasn't as excited as her that this isn't that big of a deal to me. Yeah, this will result in the end of a lot of policies that I find harmful, but Biden isn't who I wanted in the White House and he certainly isn't going to get much done that he would like to see done with McConnell running the show in the Senate.

I'm interested to see what comes of the GOP in the wake of this. There are signs of the establishment already abandoning Trump, but Trump has apparently said he will start his 2024 campaign immediately if he loses and whether that was in jest or not is up on the air.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden named the projected winner - CJD - 11-07-2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Biden named the projected winner - Belsnickel - 11-07-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Biden named the projected winner - CJD - 11-08-2020, 12:33 PM