Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden named the projected winner
(11-07-2020, 08:37 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The number of pro-Trump folks on my social media feeds that contradict this is insane. I hope you're right, but there are a lot of folks out there that have bought into the rhetoric.

I told my wife while she was celebrating and asking me why I wasn't as excited as her that this isn't that big of a deal to me. Yeah, this will result in the end of a lot of policies that I find harmful, but Biden isn't who I wanted in the White House and he certainly isn't going to get much done that he would like to see done with McConnell running the show in the Senate.

I'm interested to see what comes of the GOP in the wake of this. There are signs of the establishment already abandoning Trump, but Trump has apparently said he will start his 2024 campaign immediately if he loses and whether that was in jest or not is up on the air.

I think more may get done between Biden and Mitch than a lot of people think.  They are both old bull senators that were around when the House actually negotiate deals.  

I've read that Biden was actually a preferred negotiating partner to Obama when they were in office because Republicans saw him as someone willing to make a deal.  Obama not so much.  He wanted what he wanted and that was that.

Interesting fact, McConnell was the only Republican senator to attend Beau Biden's funeral.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biden named the projected winner - CJD - 11-07-2020, 03:31 PM
RE: Biden named the projected winner - samhain - 11-07-2020, 09:21 PM
RE: Biden named the projected winner - CJD - 11-08-2020, 12:33 PM