Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My gut feeling is that our run defense problems are tied directly to Lou Anarumo
(11-10-2020, 03:18 AM)willieFANderson Wrote: I, for one, am a fan of Pratt. He has shown to be a good coverage linebacker and has proven himself at times in the run defense. Logan Wilson and ADG show promise. Considering our defensive problems are eerily consistent over the past two seasons with different personnel, Lou needs more attention. My take has to do with how the defense lines up against the offense - the backside b-gap has been an issue and we favor the strong side too much - I would rather risk giving up some plays than to be consistently taken advantage of in the same way.

#1.  I would not change any coaches after Covid season in Zacs 2nd season...In Your Hearts, You Know I'm Right--Barry Goldwater.   
#2.  We don't have the players at D Line or O Line.   I'm glad the draft of Williams, Burrow, Higgins early by Zac.  Still more out with the old Marvin and in with the new players in 2021 Draft.  

We always say we have the players, it must be coaching.  THE FACT is we DON'T have the players.  Not yet, but we will and soon. 

#3. Bengals have played everybody tough but Ravens in 2020
#4.  Again factor in no preseason and new coaches rebuild was in dire need of preseason. 

From what I see, Bengals need D Line and O Line in first 2 rounds with as many picks in first 2 rounds they can get.  I think they will have TOP 5 Pick or close to it.  Trade down to a team wanting to move up to take a TOP 5 PICK QB, WR or RB....Then grab at least 3 picks in round 1 and 2 for help at D Line and O Line and maybe a Monster LB.  Pick 3 will be high like a 2 also, so we should get 4 Studs in Trenches this way.  I like the sound of headline, Bengals Get Tough In The Trenches In Draft.   

#5.  Atkins and Dunlap were great, but the window has closed on that era of Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap....Don't cry, the team is already making changes with Burrow, Higgins, Boyd...Now changes needed on D Line and more O Line help and a LB....Build new team of Roaring 20's around Burrow...Do not load up with old dudes like Tampa 2020 or as Oakland did in early 2010's....When in doubt, go with youth.  

GO BENGALS
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: My gut feeling is that our run defense problems are tied directly to Lou Anarumo - kevin - 11-10-2020, 08:18 PM