Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(11-14-2020, 01:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I bought a frozen turkey and find out they are all pre-injected so I’m wondering can/should I still brine it? (Btw...I’ve never made a turkey before so I’ve just learned about brining. ) Is this pre-injection good enough? My memory on science is the salt between the brine and the injection should equal out, but if the solution in the turkey is a higher concentrate, then it’s not going to pull any of my brine in anyway. It will actually pull some salt out of the bird which is ok as long as the level of the salt in my brine is sufficient as it equals out. So then I turn to the MFing internet. Some say reduce the salt in the brine by half so it’s not too salty. But now my science from 100 years ago is saying if I do that then when it equals out there won’t be enough salt.  Some say skip it,(which is probably safest) but then I don’t get to add any flavor via brining.( Now after reading that “paragraph” I feel as if some sort of COVID delirium must have set in.).

If it's pre-injected, I'd leave it be. Focus on the rub and once it's cooked you can determine for next time if the injection was enough.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - BmorePat87 - 11-14-2020, 02:24 AM