Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderna's Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective!
(11-16-2020, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With how China lied and covered everything up, I'm not too upset about leaving them out or not trusting them to do what's right.  

As far as other countries, we're far more advanced and it looks like we're beating everyone to the punch, so I'm not sure how collaborating with other countries could have helped, especially since other countries may not have the same safety standards as we do.

I don't think Trump losing will have any impact on it because, if anything, he'll want to set-up getting the vaccine out as soon as possible, even if he just organizes it and it doesn't happen until the Biden administration, because then he'll still at least get credit for it.

Honestly asking if you think it's a coincidence that two came out right after the election when there were doubts if one would ever even be found?

Pfizer partnered with a German company and was one of the first to develop a vaccine without US money. China has 4 in phase 3 trials. I think it's safe to say that we are not blowing other nations out of the water here. International cooperation during a pandemic is a big deal.

I don't think it's a coincidence, but with regards to delays, I will point out that a former Chief of Staff for W Bush pointed to the 9/11 Commission that said that delays in the Bush transition contributed to agencies being unprepared for 9/11. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moderna's Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective! - BmorePat87 - 11-16-2020, 03:33 PM