Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderna's Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective!
(11-16-2020, 03:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With how China lied and covered everything up, I'm not too upset about leaving them out or not trusting them to do what's right.  

As far as other countries, we're far more advanced and it looks like we're beating everyone to the punch, so I'm not sure how collaborating with other countries could have helped, especially since other countries may not have the same safety standards as we do.

I don't think Trump losing will have any impact on it because, if anything, he'll want to set-up getting the vaccine out as soon as possible, even if he just organizes it and it doesn't happen until the Biden administration, because then he'll still at least get credit for it.

Honestly asking if you think it's a coincidence that two came out right after the election when there were doubts if one would ever even be found?

I was listening to Beck this weekend who was adamant the Pfizer announcement was political. So I checked around and, from what I understand, the announcement had more to do with the wording in the Emergency Use Authorization. The company knew it's effectiveness in October, but because of the EUA, couldn't file earlier than two months after hitting the 50% threshold. The White House tried to block the guidelines (I think to expedite the process) but I don't think it was successful.

From what I read, though, Pfizer was one of the companies that did not participate in Warp Speed and did not accept federal funding directly related to the trials. They did work with the FDA to meet their less restricted guidelines.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moderna's Vaccine Is 94.5% Effective! - Benton - 11-16-2020, 03:45 PM