Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior MI GOP Lawmakers arrive in DC to talk about changing electors
(11-20-2020, 03:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The best thing about this is if the GOP just makes Trump the president in 2020 they're going to have absolutely no reason to not make Trump president for a 3rd term or just start appointing his kids for decades at a time.  Once you break the rules for a dictator they hardly scale things back and are satiated.

This is our "give Hitler Poland and hope he stops being a bastard" moment, and yes I'm going overboard and using the H-word.  I don't even care.  Give Trump 2020 and you're going to have to stop expecting anything resembling a normal election happening any time soon.  Just my scared take.

technically it is constitutional (at the national level) for legislatures to assign electors however this wish, but in the case of Michigan it would violate their state law. I'm sure PA has a similar law awarding the electors winner-take-all to the state winner. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senior MI GOP Lawmakers arrive in DC to talk about changing electors - BmorePat87 - 11-20-2020, 03:14 PM