Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Senior MI GOP Lawmakers arrive in DC to talk about changing electors
(11-20-2020, 04:31 PM)Benton Wrote: We'll see what happens. I don't think it's illegal to have the discussion of trying to undermine voters. Honestly, my only surprise is that Trump waited so long to do it. I thought we'd hear about this back when polling projected Biden.

The idea was being floated around some circles in October and then shortly after the election. 

(11-20-2020, 04:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Depends. If he offers them anything of value whatsoever, even promoting them politically through his Twitter, it would fall under Michigan's bribery statute. The interesting thing about this is Trump by doing this has now opened himself up to investigation by the Michigan AG, another investigation he will be unable to get out of via pardon when he leaves office. Simply taking this meeting could be enough to open up an investigation where he will have to submit to depositions about what was actually said (there is no executive privilege available here) where he very easily can perjure himself.

That's what I have been reading. The Michigan lawmakers open themselves up to being barred from holding office if there's some sort of deal. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Senior MI GOP Lawmakers arrive in DC to talk about changing electors - BmorePat87 - 11-20-2020, 06:55 PM