Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture
(11-25-2020, 02:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say that's part of it, but I just read an interview with him, and attributes a lot of that... playing better and being more vocal....to Vonn Bell. He also noted Shawn Williams, and how he's having to fill his void of being a vocal leader. 

Side note.... PFF has Vonn Bell as the league leader in TFL in the run game from the safety position. I believe they will make a good tandem back there if they're kept together moving forward.

Good points.

A good defense has to have synergy.  Between the pass rush, the coverage, and the tackling.  Right now, the guys playing in the middle of the defensive line are guys no one knows and Geno Atkins, who has fallen off dramatically.  If the improve the middle of the defense (getting Reader back will be huge) and having more consistency in the secondary (hoping Waynes and WJIII work like they should moving forward), then the LBs and safeties will have an easier job to do.  

I mean, Christian Covington is doing all he can, but he is a scrap heap guy.  Ditto Xavier Williams.  I liked the Mike Daniels signing, and I hope he can stay healthy and be a piece of the puzzle moving forward.  

It is hard to say how much of Pratt's play is on the defensive llne, but he did not pick up where he left off last year....

I'm really hoping we see more of Markus Bailey and less of Josh Bynes.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: D&H Sports interview with Elise Jesse on Toxic culture - SHRacerX - 11-27-2020, 12:39 PM