Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next celebrity politician.
(12-04-2020, 12:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree that they should not just start out running for President.

Maybe I should have made that more clear in my original post.

I also consider famous athletes to be celebrities.  There are many examples of them getting elected. Former Bengal Tommy Casanova was elected to the Louisiana State Senate.  And I remember former Oklahoma QB J.C. Watts was a US Representative back in the 90's.  He got a lot of coverage because he was a black Republican.

Again, there are a lot of stupid athletes who think they are smart just because a lot of people adore them, but there are also a lot of very smart people who just happen to be great athletes.

Ok, I'm down with this. In all honesty, I don't have any problem with any celebrity running. Our government should be made up of the citizens of the country, and celebrities are citizens. If someone is willing to serve the people, then I support their choice.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Next celebrity politician. - fredtoast - 12-03-2020, 08:35 PM
RE: Next celebrity politician. - CKwi88 - 12-03-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: Next celebrity politician. - fredtoast - 12-04-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: Next celebrity politician. - GMDino - 12-04-2020, 12:15 PM
RE: Next celebrity politician. - Belsnickel - 12-04-2020, 12:51 PM
RE: Next celebrity politician. - Nately120 - 12-04-2020, 03:08 PM