Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Gamblers who lose big
(12-10-2020, 11:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When he was hired, we didn't have Reader and guys on the tail end of their career vs. rookie contracts are not nearly as valuable.  

And doesn't it seem like every year we say how great the pass rush should be only to be incredibly disappointed when it isn't?  I think poor LB play in the past had a lot to do with that (easy checkdowns) and that is improving but still not there yet.  

I'm not sure Dunlap is on the back end of his career. I think scheme and coaching decisions took his productivity. For some reason, they seem to have wanted him gone at the end of last year...management kept him, and the coaches decided to just play him situationally.

But, YES on the pass rush. The Pass Rush and the Receivers. Seems EVERY YEAR there are threads about how talented those groups are and then they disappoint. (Although Boyd and Higgins have looked good this year.) We aren't 5 deep at WR.

I'm fairly interested in seeing the PFF Year End Group Rankings. I think those will be telling. Like last year, I recall our LB's allowing a huge amount of yardage. Like 1700 yards or so receiving if I recall correctly.

I kind of think Covington played decent and should be kept as depth. Shouldn't be starting, but as like a 3rd-4th DT.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Losing Gamblers who lose big - THE PISTONS - 12-09-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - jj22 - 12-09-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - THE PISTONS - 12-10-2020, 11:18 AM