Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Gamblers who lose big
(12-10-2020, 01:28 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I believe that's the biggest thing, ego.

I feel like that's an assumption, though.  We've seen stubbornness from the Brown family over the years without a doubt.  But that doesn't 100% equal ego not allowing for any change.  The Bengals have fired plenty of coaches in the past that they've hired.  So they've admitted a guy's time is over before.  Why should this be any different?  

The only reason I see them sticking with Zac is if they think he could turn the corner with one more offseason or draft or needs to have 3-4 years like they probably discussed when they hired him.  If they don't fire Zac this year (and I hope they do), I don't think the first conclusion I'll jump to is that it was because the family refuses to admit they hired the wrong guy.  I could see them just trying to give him the time they initially expected.  Now they probably expected/hoped that they'd get 7 wins this year and next year make the playoffs, so it's certainly not the start they wanted.  But that doesn't mean they'll jump out now if they said 3 or 4 years from the start.  

I think fan outcry does make a difference with this team.  I think it came to a head with Lewis and put his neck on the block.  And I think it could sway the org to release Taylor after this season.  Time will tell.  But I'm not ready to say that the decision on Taylor either way is going to just be ego.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Losing Gamblers who lose big - THE PISTONS - 12-09-2020, 11:16 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - jj22 - 12-09-2020, 11:25 PM
RE: Losing Gamblers who lose big - MileHighGrowler - 12-10-2020, 01:50 PM