Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"There's a loose belief that Taylor could get another year"
(12-12-2020, 02:17 AM)Benton Wrote: Reader was solid before the injury. Like a 70 PFF grade? Bell is good. Logan Wilson looks like he'll be good. Personally, I think Kareem will be good, but I'm a ND fan.

Overall, the defense stinks. I'll be honest, I'm not sure why. A lot of it, I think, is the roster. That's going to take time in that we're not going to find 5-8 starters in one offseason. Another is the mindset of guys that were already here. I always felt like Marvin coached guys not to give up big plays; give up a short gain, no problem, but don't give up the big play. And I think that led us giving up a lot of yards we shouldn't have by playing soft. 

I guess, overall, I felt like our roster was better on both sides of the ball in 2020 than in 2019. I give ZT some credit for that. Sure, I fault him for losing, for having crappy coordinators, and for putting a rookie qb in a position to pass a jillion times a game. But it is what it is. I faulted Merv for losing in big games, for play time decisions, and for team building.

Reader was in the 80s with the Texans. Here, he's graded out similar to Billings grade last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: "There's a loose belief that Taylor could get another year" - THE PISTONS - 12-12-2020, 10:14 AM