Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job
(12-20-2020, 04:01 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: How was he "close to an OC"?  He was a QB coach, Sean McVay was the OC.   (I'm not asking this to be a dick, I've just never read anywhere that he was anywhere close to an OC.)

Fwiw, Goff was already performing at a similar level prior to Zac Taylor.  He had a 100.5 rating his 2nd year before Zac became QB coach.  He had a  101.1 rating the year Zac was his QB coach.  Those are almost identical numbers

If you look closely at the stats, you'll see an increase in yardage and TD's as a result of a McVay offense that passed more (65 more attempts in 2018 than 2017).  His TD % was higher without Zac than it was with him.  His Int % was lower without Zac than it was with him.  The YPA (Yards Per Attempt) is exactly equal at 8.5.  The YPC (Yards Per Completion) is exactly equal at 12.9

I don't really see that much improvement there.  And even if there is a minimal amount, you have to consider development from a 2nd year player to a 3rd year player, and a McVay offense.

Agree to disagree, but Zac Taylor gets way to much credit for Goff.   There's no huge leap there.

He was McVay 2 years. Assistant WR coach one year. QB Coach the next. They had that Waldron guy that we interviewed too who was a passing game coordinator there.

Goff actually made his big jump the year before Taylor was QB coach too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job - THE PISTONS - 12-20-2020, 04:56 PM