Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job
(12-20-2020, 06:00 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What development?  I just laid out a ton of stats that there was minimal to no development.

His QB rating went up .6 points.  His yards per attempt and yards per completion are literally identical.  His TD% actually went slightly down under Zac Taylor.  His INT% actually went slightly up under Zac Taylor.

Where is this all of this development (specific to QB play) that you're referencing?

To each their own, but I find it odd that you find fault in the logic that players tend to improve from year to year early on in their careers.  For such a small amount of improvement I think it's perfectly reasonable to attritube some of that to experience.

Did Zac Taylor really develop Jared Goff that much?  Did he really?  (The numbers don't say so) 

Did the Rams passing offense really improve that much because of Zac Taylor?  Or does Sean McVay taking over play calling and throwing more, and the Rams adding Brandon Cooks in free agency better explain the team success?

I've never heard of a QB coach getting so much praise for such a performance.  And it's funny, I've read numerous times on here about how Zac deserves credit for Joe Burrow playing well.  Not once have I heard Dan Pitcher's name (Bengals QB coach) get mentioned for that.  NOT ONE SINGLE TIME.

Zac Taylor was a nobody position coach that happened to land a gig on a good team.  His preivious experience as an OC (Dolphins and UC Bearcats) showed that he lacked experience and any semblance of success.

You accidentally cut off my post before it got to the question posed. So I cannot blame you for not answering it. 

Development came because he got better and led a team to the Super Bowl. 

I get it; you're mad that Zac is still our coach and the crappy job he's done to date., But none of your anger changes the fact that Zac was an "en vogue" hire when the Bengals took him and I assert another hot prospect would take this gig if given the chance.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job - bfine32 - 12-20-2020, 07:41 PM