Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job
(12-21-2020, 10:34 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: ZT was an "en vogue" hire to the Bengals only, not anyone else.  Heck, I never even heard of the dude prior to the media speculation that Cincy was pursuing him.  When I looked him up on the web I was shocked at his resume - or should I say lack of resume.  Absolutely zero skins on the wall.  

Did any other team even want to interview the guy?  And don't give me he was coaching in the SB.  Did any other team looking for a new HC that year express an interest?

ZT was a pseudo hot commodity for HC in the sense that multiple teams were going for the younger offensive-minded guy to be their HC.  We skimped a bit by grabbing a QB coach rather than an OC to be our HC, but that wasn't a guarantee of failure.

BUT the thing is, ZT isn't the only one of that crew who is on the hot seat (or should be on it), because Matt Nagy, Anthony Lynn, and Adam Gase are all looking vulnerable and ZT is the least successful and least capable of that group of "get yer McVey" HCs.  It's possible ZT was just the least successful dude in a group of mostly fad-driven hires.  

Many teams and fans in the NFL are constantly operating in the "day late, dollar short" club. It wasn't all that long ago fanbases were saying their team needed to "Get their Dak Prescott in the mid rounds" or "bring in Nick Foles to initiate win-now mode" and last year Ryan Tannehill had people thinking that just getting a re-tread away from a bad situation could be an instant upgrade at a crucial position. This year nothing too wild is going on. You have the Brown getting a new HC and improving by 4+ wins, but it's mostly Andy Reid/Mahommes, Tomlin/Ben, Payton/Brees, Arians/old QB, and so on vying for the top spots.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nobody Would Want Bengals Head Coaching Job - Nately120 - 12-21-2020, 10:49 AM