Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3?
I've seen some, and at least one on here saying that if the Bengals miss out on Sewell, perhaps they should target Leatherwood at either 35, and in one instance.. 3

I can't buy into the Leatherwood hype. I seen several plays in the SECCG that made me question why so many would have him rated so high. Sure, he had some good plays, but he also got beaten a fair number of times and had moments of looking less than dominate in run blocking as well.

So, I took a little time and looked at where he was on 8 different big boards.

CBS 45th OA 11th OL (they didn't distinguish G or T)
TDN 41st OA 7th T 13th OL
PFN 7 OA 2nd T 2nd OL
ESPN 10th OA 2nd T 2nd OL
Draftek 15th OA 2nd T 2nd OL
Tankathon 23rd OA 4th T 6th OL
Sporting News 8 OA 2nd T @nd OL
Walter 4th T (His board wouldn't load, filled with ads, best I could get from several attempts)

The point of this exercise was to point out that I feel like some of the "Draft Gurus" might be lazy, and just go off of brand name. All have Sewell as unanimous Top OL and all but one in top 3 OA. However, I feel like the Bengals should possibly stay away from 'Bama OL. Twice now, they have taken a 'Bama T with a high pick, both times the player was damaged goods and took much longer than expected to pan out.

I have an opinion as to why. I think that maybe the 'Bama OL just beat themselves to death while playing in college, and have worn their bodies out by the time they reach the NFL. I have no studies to support that, just my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do we do if Sewell is gone at 3? - SunsetBengal - 12-21-2020, 07:54 PM