Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk Tee Higgins for a minute.
(12-24-2020, 11:14 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I like Burrow and I like Higgins. But would Burrow be considered the #1 pick if he was coming off of a blown out knee? He's a major question mark right now.

My biggest protest before the draft was that outside of Peyton Manning, #1 overall picks don't do well on teams that earned that pick instead of trading for it. Good QBs become gun shy from the abuse or they become like Andrew Luck and can't play or enjoy the game anymore because he got the crap beat out of him behind a much better line than Burrow's.

If he comes back, he'll have more mental hurdles to overcome than he'll have physical hurdles. One great half of a season and now he's damaged goods. Palmer never looked even close to the same after his knee injury and that memory is still too fresh to forget. He got one division title from throwing the ball everywhere and outscoring everybody and he got his next division title four years later from handing off to Cedric Benson while allowing Mike Zimmer's defense to win the games.

So to answer your question, yes. I still would have traded down to build a team BEFORE putting the future out there with a bunch of future CFL players. I've said multiple times for over two years now "I really like what Buffalo is doing. They are going about it the right way."

Not true. People seem to forget how good he was the very next season.

Pro Bowl
4035 yards
28 TD
93.9 rating
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's talk Tee Higgins for a minute. - Nicomo Cosca - 12-24-2020, 11:44 PM